Part time , Fixed Term TA
Part time, fixed term TA position
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School in Axminster are seeking to appoint a positive and inspiring Teaching Assistant for the summer term. The post will commence on 15th April 2020 and run until Tuesday 21st July 2020. We are keen to accommodate the best candidates who will make a positive impact on our school and standards. Applicants with experience are encouraged to apply.
- A welcoming school with a strong Catholic ethos
- Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
- A supportive staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
- A commitment to your own professional development
The successful candidate will:
- Be happy to support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Be committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning
- Be dedicated to raising standards and be a good role model
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Be dynamic, resilient and hard working with a positive nature
- Be able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff
- Have a reflective and evaluative approach to their practice
Required Date 15th April 2020 (although transition time in school in March would be desirable).
Salary: Spinal point 12-16 depending on experience.
Contract: This is a temporary, fixed term appointment. We require a candidate for 20 hours a week over 5 mornings until the end of the summer term 2020.
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Tammy Newcombe, Senior Administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 01297 32785.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
To apply please complete the attached application form.
Closing Date: Monday 27th January 2020 at 9am
Interviews: Wednesday 5th February 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email
School Website address www.stmarysaxminster.devon.sch.uk