Part time Pastoral Support Worker
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Axminster are committed to providing opportunities to allow every child to flourish, regardless of their starting points or any challenges they may face. This significant role within the school is vital in supporting wider school success and making the difference for individual children and families.
We are seeking to appoint a positive adult who can work with staff, children and families. Applicants with experience are encouraged to apply.
- A welcoming school with a strong Catholic ethos
- Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
- A supportive staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
- A commitment to your own professional development
The successful candidate will:
- Be happy to support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Be able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Be dynamic, resilient and hard working with a positive nature
- Have a reflective and evaluative approach to their practice
- Be dedicated to raising standards and be a good role model
Required Date: June 2021
Salary Point 17-22 (£10.14 to £11.45)
Contract: Permanent/Part-Time. Term time only, 14 hours per week. Wednesday 8.45-12.45, Thursday 8.45-12.45 and Friday 9-3.30 with a half an hour lunch break. Hours may possibly increase from September 2021.
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact Tammy Newcombe, Senior Administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 0129732785
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date: Friday 14th May 2021 at midnight
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email